Christopher N. Wahl
With a focus on civil litigation, Chris practices law in both state and federal courts. Since 2005, Chris has served as counsel in thousands of complex mass tort litigation claims, often serving as lead counsel and coordinating discovery as well as liability, expert medical and damages defenses.
Throughout his career, Chris has also conducted hundreds of depositions on behalf of clients facing personal injury claims in various jurisdictions across the nation. In addition to asbestos, mixed-dust and toxic tort litigation, Chris is also experienced in the areas of product liability, arson and insurance fraud, subrogation, first- and third-party insurance defense, insurance coverage, environmental coverage, contract interpretation, and commercial and business litigation.
Represents manufacturers of various types of products and equipment including turbine generators, motors, furnaces, electrical equipment, industrial tanks and vessels, industrial ovens, kilns, mastics, filters, paper products and numerous other types of alleged asbestos-containing products.
Represents premises owners engaged in various land uses, such as steel making, product manufacturing, and electrical power and natural gas generation, in cases involving claims made by employees of independent contractors on site during their careers to perform construction, repair and maintenance activities.
Represents contractors alleged to have caused or contributed to disease or injury as a result of the work performed around the claimant.
Augsburg College – Minneapolis, B.A., Political Science, 2000
Robert H. McKinney School of Law – Indianapolis, J.D., 2003
Legal & Professional Organizations
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association; Young Lawyers Division Executive Committee (2008 – 2012)
- Defense Research Institute; Product Liability Committee
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana; Trial Tactics and Product Liability Committee
- Included In Indiana Rising Stars® (2011, 2013-2016)
Legal Articles and Decisions
Elbrink v. General Electric Company, et al., 2008 WL 4916660 (Ind. Ct. App. 2008). Affirmed summary judgment for premises owners upholding Indiana law on the duties of a premises owner to the employees of third-party contractors.
- HarrisMartin’s Midwest Asbestos Litigation Conference, St. Louis, Missouri (September 2016)
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana Annual Meeting, Michigan City, Indiana, “Product Liability Review” (November 2010)